Join us for an all day creative retreat designed to inspire, educate, and reinvigorate. Hosted by floral designer Amanda Lankford and fine artist Courtney Khail, guests will explore the beauty of floral design and watercolor painting through hands-on learning in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
- 9AM: Breakfast and Introductions
- Meet fellow Forage guests over a light European breakfast of pastries, yogurts, and fruits. Coffee and juices will also be provided.
- 10AM: Floral Design Basics
- Learn "behind the scenes" knowledge about tools, tips, and tricks as Amanda walks you through how to prepare flowers for use. Guests will also be introduced to the basics of foraging, including where to forage, what to look for, and how to best cut foliage and blooms to use in arrangements
- 11AM: Introduction to Watercolors
- Join Courtney as she teaches you the basic principles of watercolor. Some of the topics you will explore include color theory, color mixing, gradients, and brush techniques.
- Noon: Lunch
- Relax, recharge, and converse over a variety of picnic favorites.
- 1PM: Floral Arranging and Design
- Join Amanda as she takes you on a floral journey to create art with flowers. Learn how to care and create with each flower in addition to her foraging techniques that make your arrangement unique to you. Your arrangement will be filled with garden blooms such as peonies, ranunculus, garden roses as well as a variety of other local stems. All tools will be provided as well as a custom vessel to take home.
- 2:30PM: Floral Watercolor Painting
- Using your floral arrangement as both inspiration and subject matter, you will create your very own watercolor painting from start to finish. Both observing and painting alongside you, Courtney will follow your progress while offering guidance and answering questions as needed.
- 4PM: Cocktails and Goodbyes
- Chat, snap photos, and relax while enjoying light bites and a signature floral inspired cocktail. Non-alcoholic beverages will also be available.
Image by Paige Molina Photography
FORAGE | ATL will be held at the studio of Amanda Jewel Floral + Design
Nicknamed "The Little White House," the AJF+D studio is housed in a converted Southern home just outside of Atlanta, Georgia.
5180 Lavista Road | Tucker, Georgia 30084