Written by Amanda Lankford
Featured on Tidewater and Tulle Travels.
My dream finally came true and that was to travel with flowers. I hopped on a plane with my good friend, Natalie of Four Corners Photography and we created. A total of four nights and five shoots later and we are back in our great city of Atlanta feeling refreshed. Today I find myself thinking back how quickly it came and went so of course we are already dreaming up our next adventure.
Before we left Natalie said so you know I am going to take a lot of pictures of you, right? As many of you know I am not the one to jump in front of the camera but I told myself to get out of my comfort zone and just go for it, (I really had no choice because she was going to do it anyways). Traveling with a friend is always an adventure and you learn quickly who they are and well we are even closer now than before. We had lots of ups and a few downs a long the way but overall I will never forget our adventure in Washington.
Here are a few snippets of what our trip looked like:
1. We are the most rule breaking people in Washington. (We got a speeding ticket, I won't mention who was driving!)
2. Shared Ubers are not that scary, I traveled solo for a day and went to visit my friends at Bixby + Pine. (These sweet girls made it possible for me to do these shoots! I will cherish them forever.)
3. Ferries are way cool and really quite thrilling.
4. The coffee in Seattle is actually better than here. Really.
5. We lost our car keys on First Beach which is literally on the edge of the USA.
6. I get really car sick. Not sure where that came from!
7. It is a MUST to travel with rain boots in Washington. I am a dummy and ruined two pairs of shoes when we decided to trek thru the rainforest.
8. Worth the research to find a really awesome AirBnb! We won't talk about the one that we stayed at in Rialto Beach....
9. Washington has little small shack coffee places literally sitting in the middle of parking lots and they are drive thru only.
10. Sweet Natalie ran through the entire airport in Washington with me so I could catch an earlier flight and then she wasn't able to get on. :(
Images below all captured by Natalie. You will notice we went from a beach to a rainforest to a loft. Lets just say I was exhausted but it was all worth it! Follow along on our galleries page to see which shoots that we created in each setting.